loss of moving map in FL keys

John street

loss of moving map in FL keys

Post by John street »

I am down in marathon fl and my map has gone mostly dark. There is still some nav info. Magenta balloon runway tracking , but the syn vision just shows horizon and balloon . When taxing the runway will be a broken up dotted line no real graphics. If I increase the distance to the mainland it will show on the map with darkened borders. The names of cities appear in print on a black background on the map when flying. Not good

Ps: I recorded some demos but have not yet been able to down load them

Pps: I had a major problem on the way down from Albany with my gps going out. It seems that when I put my status for my iPad next to the gps antenna It caused the problem as it has not reaccured since I moved it away. I will try to recreate the problem some time when I don't care about gps.
GRT_Jeff

Re: loss of moving map in FL keys

Post by GRT_Jeff »

I've confirmed that the synthetic vision terrain database is missing data for the keys south of Tavernier. There's no quick fix for that. On the PFD, you can use the SV button to turn off SV mode and get a plain sky and ground, although you will lose the balloons and other SV indicators. On the map, if you have the roads turned on, you should see the highway that runs through all the keys.
John street

Re: loss of moving map in FL keys

Post by John street »

Thanks Jeff, when I returned to mainland FL everything came back on, including traffic. It would nice to see an update in the future to include the florida keys in the data base. It's still the US and a great place to and be. (especially right now, no snow) John Street