Demo record rate adjustability

Kahuna

Demo record rate adjustability

Post by Kahuna »

The current demo records at 1 sec intervals. I have a need to record at shorter intervals for a prop vendor wanting data. I understand that this has been done 1 off before. A simple menu selection would be useful.
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
GRT_Jeff

Re: Demo record rate adjustability

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The DEMO function records all data at its full rate. You can see that when you play the demo on the EFIS. Any filtering is done by the decoder software. Our EISLog program by default only keeps one sample from every second. It will show you all of the EIS data if you turn on the "Keep All Samples" option in the Options menu.

The EIS updates 5 times per second and transmits 12 times per second. The primary AHRS data updates and transmits at 15 times per second. Most GPS units transmit once per second. I've been working on a new demo decoder that extracts more than EIS data if that's what you need.
Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Hmm. I guess its the saavy analysis that is filtering to 1sec intervals.
Id like to get the data into a spreadsheet jeff.
What triggered this request was my need to see RPM at greater than 1 sec intervals on Saavy. If Saavy is filtering to 1 sec intervals, then I need a way to get at the data.
Im getting severe prop surging and Hartzell wanted data. The only way I know to get it is through Saavy.

I also have what we think is a 1/2 order harmonic which would also show up in the ahars accelerometer data if I had that and the sample rate was high enough. ~5-20ms would be a good sample rate for this.
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The EISLog program on our web site (Software Updates - Misc Software & Utilities) will give you all of the EIS data at the full rate when you have Keep All Samples checked. RPM is only sampled twice per second, though. At the full rate of 12 messages per second, you would see 6 messages with one value, then 6 messages with the next value.

The AHRS sample rate is 15 Hz (66.7 ms).