Option to use CHT inputs for other readings.

Roger

Option to use CHT inputs for other readings.

Post by Roger »

I have a water cooled engine and therefore CHT is not very important. Is there any thought of having the option of removing the CHT from the EIS and EFIS display units? Making these inputs available for other readings might be an option.
Bobturner

Re: Option to use CHT inputs for other readings.

Post by Bobturner »

OF course the CHT inputs are designed for thermocouples - very small voltages, compensating junctions, etc. Not clear that they could easily be used for 'ordinary' voltage inputs.
Roger

Post by Roger »

They could be used for other thermocouple temperature inputs! My major problem is that I don't believe there is a way to get rid of them on my EFIS screen. I don't particularly care if they go unused as long as they are off my HX display!
Roger

Post by Roger »

Let me put this a different, perhaps more understandable, way. Is there any way to GET RID of the CHT display on my HX?
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

One of the options is to select "EGT" instead of "temperatures". "EGT" will replace the CHT bar graph with a time history of EGTs. The EGT (only) bar graph remains.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Bob,

Could you perhaps lead me through how to do this setup? In setting up the PFD display with the flight data on the top and the engine info on the bottom of the screen I am unable to eliminate the CHT graph. I must be looking in the wrong place or overlooking something in the setup.
jclark

Post by jclark »

Roger wrote:Bob,

Could you perhaps lead me through how to do this setup? In setting up the PFD display with the flight data on the top and the engine info on the bottom of the screen I am unable to eliminate the CHT graph. I must be looking in the wrong place or overlooking something in the setup.
What EFIS model are you using?

Are you using the SPLIT screen?
If so, I **think** there are some limits as to how much modification can be done on the engine data at the bottom.

There are a lot of configuraton options for the ENGINE page.

James
... of course, I may be WRONG and hopefully will be corrected here.
Roger

Post by Roger »

I am using an HX unit. Would like to change the PFD with the engine data at the bottom to eliminate the CHT graphics.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

There's no way to remove the CHT bar graphs from the engine strip at the bottom of the screen on the PFD and MAP pages. This will require a software change.
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

Yes, that is apparently correct. I wrote my earlier post after looking at the manual!! But I was looking at the dedicated engine page, not the small strips at the bottom. I did run out to the plane this afternoon and could not get that page to show up. But I also just realized that my engine page is on a HS, not HX.