SkyRadar + Trig

jclark

SkyRadar + Trig

Post by jclark »

Installed SkyRadar (D2) and Trig TT-22 in my RV6 (3 SX Screens).
<Since this is NOT an HXr installation, I use the control head from Trig ... with its built in encoder.>

Glad that GRT is integrating 3rd party "off the shelf" products in a way that does not tie me to a particular supplier.

It all works just fine. The only "complaint" that I have at the moment is that "OWN SHIP SUPPRESSION" is not available yet on the SX (as far as I can tell) although it HAS been implemented on the HXr. So it should just be a matter of days before it is available.

Was flying today with everything working and had the constant traffic alert that was ME! :-)

If there are any questions about my installation, feel free to ask.

James
Widget

Re: SkyRadar + Trig

Post by Widget »

I've been flying with my SkyRadar and Trig TT31 for some time now and it works as advertised. I get ADSB and TIS traffic. I have noticed that when I'm in a TIS area I sometimes get "ghosts", or double of the same target. The only difference is the altitude they are displaying. The ADSB target shows what I expect, i.e., the GPS derived altitude, which is usually an "OFF" number if the altimeter is too far off 29.92. The other target show corrected altitude. I'm assuming the TIS traffic information is being sent out slightly different than the ADSB. Does this make sense?
Jerry "Widget" Morris