Sparky

Trig TT-22 ADSB

Post by Sparky »

RFI........

System: dual HX
Trig TT-22
Sl-30

Skyradar D-2

The question.... The trig will output the required Ads-b, and traffic to the HX, and the skyradar 978/1090, will show traffic, weather, etc. What setup in the settings will have to be done? Is there a way to isolate the plane from showing as traffic on both ads-b units?
Bobturner

Re: Trig TT-22 ADSB

Post by Bobturner »

I presume you mean a 430W? The non waas unit can't meet 2020 standards.
In the HX adsb set up menu, you enter the N number and the mode S code. This information is sent out by the Trig S-ES, and then attached to the adsb uplink. The HX will then filter out "own ship" traffic it receives on the adsb-in uplink.
This is not done on WingX or Skyradar's software, so you will continue to see yourself on an iPad.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Yes Bob,

430w.....
The Trig also identifies with N numbers..

What about the dual input of ads-b to the HX? Trig and skyradar? Duplicate targets ?
jclark

Post by jclark »

The Trig sends stuff "OUT". A TRANSMITTER.
It can be configured by a remote 2 1/4" panel mounted control or by info from your EFIS.
It sends the "ADS-B info" to the "system".

The SkyRadar is a RECEIVER that upon receiving the ADS-B info, broadcasts it on WIFI and sends the info to other devices (e.g. the EFIS) via its USB port.

Thus NO conflict.

James
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

Jim,
As a mode S transponder the Trig can receive TIS-A traffic info from the ground, and input it into the HX. I think the question was if the HX can handle that input and the input from the Skyradar simultaneously. I do not know the answer but certainly hope it is "yes".

Bob
jclark

Post by jclark »

Bobturner wrote:Jim,
As a mode S transponder the Trig can receive TIS-A traffic info from the ground, and input it into the HX. I think the question was if the HX can handle that input and the input from the Skyradar simultaneously. I do not know the answer but certainly hope it is "yes".

Bob
Oops. Misunderstood the question.

Now this is a GUESS ....
For traffic there is an option to "SHOW ALL" and an option to "SHOW ADSB" as I recall.
I cannot check it as my plane is DOWN and at another airport.

Thanks Bob.

James
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

This is the Big question.... since both xmit to the HX..................
Maybe we can get an answer from GRT?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The EFIS will show all traffic inputs at the same time. The TIS output from the Trig does not contain any addresses, so the EFIS can't filter it and you may get duplicate or ghost traffic targets. A few customers have reported that happening.
GordonTurner

Post by GordonTurner »

Pin 18 on the TT22 is the deconfliction signal. It needs to go to your ads-b in receiver to eliminate your "shadow".

...I think...

Gordon
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Hello Gordon,

I think you are referring to the HXR setup with a Navworks.. Where pin 18 goes to the adsb navworx receiver.

Maybe GRT can chime in again about this issue with an HX system and Trig TT22..