GRT HS/WS to Garmin 430w/330

BobsRV7

GRT HS/WS to Garmin 430w/330

Post by BobsRV7 »

Radio man told me if I upgraded my OS on my 430W to V 5.0 and Garmin 330 transponder to V 7.02 that it may not work on some EFIS's. Has anyone updated the Garmin's and had any problems with their GRT EFIS?
Radomir

Re: GRT HS/WS to Garmin 430w/330

Post by Radomir »

Does he have any more details? What is true is that Garmin scrambled Cross-fill protocol... so all devices that were using it (by reverse engineering that protocol) are now broken (example VoiceFlight). I don't know which EFIS uses that (GRT does not). I am not aware of any other breaking changes that would affect any EFIS.... If he has specifics, please ask him to share 'em.
BobsRV7

Re: GRT HS/WS to Garmin 430w/330

Post by BobsRV7 »

I'm updating them today, Garmin told me the 430W should work ok and if not I would have to reload the OS soft ware below the newest, and I should only use the latest OS update for the 330 not the 330 with extended twitter which I don't have.

I also noticed on my PFD on my HS with the latest op SW that a lable showed up above my altitude tape for ( TAS 138) on the ground which I haven't had before may call you about that today. Thanks