EIS serial out not working?

kwiatkma

EIS serial out not working?

Post by kwiatkma »

I just powered on my system for the first time...very happy, but the EIS is not communicating with the HXr. The EIS is getting data because I can see volts, amps, oil pressure, oil temp, cht, egt on the EIS(which is blind mounted in my Long EZ). Connecting to EFIS is the easiest part of the connections(green/black wire on EIS to green/black wire on EFIS)..GPS, TRXPR was much harder and they all work!

So any hints? I checked continuity and location of the pin on the EIS all the way to the front...I'm pretty sure the other end of the wire going into the EFIS was pre-punched by GRT. I still need to verify pin location on the EFIS bundle....

EIS software version is 83, EFIS just back from the shop so assuming it has the latest software...soon to be trying the beta with Bluetooth.
Bobturner

Re: EIS serial out not working?

Post by Bobturner »

Just a guess, but if efis is just back you may need to reconfigure all the ports, e.g., whatever serial port is connected to the EIS is configured for it.
kwiatkma

Re: EIS serial out not working?

Post by kwiatkma »

Found the problem....The pre-wired bundle from GRT to the display had the serial input for the HXr for the EIS's pin crimped to the insulation instead of the wire. I put on a new pin and now it works. Wondering what GRT does for quality control in this area? Took me two weekends of scratching my head...until I convinced myself to check the wires I didn't do.....