HX: Is the Audio Output working on Pin 24, Connector B?

hplevyak

HX: Is the Audio Output working on Pin 24, Connector B?

Post by hplevyak »

Can anyone tell me if Audio Output on Connector B, Pin 24 is working in any version of the SW yet? Is this worth connecting at this time....or should I just wait.

I was considering wiring this as one of my audio panel (PS8000BT) unswitched inputs.

Thanks,
Howard
Bobturner

Re: HX: Is the Audio Output working on Pin 24, Connector B?

Post by Bobturner »

Not working yet. Of course it is a lot easier to wire now, than later.
APACHE 56

Post by APACHE 56 »

Bobturner wrote:Not working yet. Of course it is a lot easier to wire now, than later.
Bob,
I was unaware of the audio output "future feature" as I had an avionics shop install my system. Any chance when this feature goes live that it will enable music from my XM connection?

thx,
Don
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

I am not the right person to answer this, except to say that I asked Carlos a year ago about xm music and he said then that it was not in their plans.
As an aside, I have a portable xm radio in my car. I bought another car instalation mount and antenna from xm, mounted them in my airplane, hard wired to the audio panel. I just move the radio from the car to the plane when I fly, works very well. Antenna sits on the glare shield.
bferrell

Post by bferrell »

I would much rather see the Audio Output from the EFIS give me "Traffic Alert" or "Obstacle Ahead" warnings... this is the way the audio out should work, it seems James isn't using GRT equipment, sadly....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m-r3eIWKPk