New AOA system - Install & requirements Info?

jpfli

New AOA system - Install & requirements Info?

Post by jpfli »

I wasn't able to find the install information for the (new) sensed AOA system on the web site. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Need to know what is involved and what kind of pitot tube is required.

Thanks!
GRT_Jeff

Re: New AOA system - Install & requirements Info?

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We don't have that information available yet. We are currently doing our flight testing with the kind of pitot probes that have a second tube angled 45 degrees down from the level pitot tube.

For the Mini, you'll replace the Air Data module with one that has a third opening in the center. We've made a few of these, but we aren't ready to ship them.

For a Horizon or Sport AHRS, you'll need a new Adaptive AHRS with an AOA input. We haven't made any AOA inputs for the Adaptive AHRS yet. The Mini is easier to do testing with, so we'll finish the AOA on the Mini first.

After installing the hardware, there will be a calibration procedure in the display unit.
psychose

Post by psychose »

hi there,

Will the AOA system be also available for the HXr without the Adaptive AHRS?

Thanks,

Normand RV8 Finishing
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

No. The older AHRS hardware does not have the internal connections for it.
psychose

Post by psychose »

I have a Dynon heated AOA pitot already installed. Was wondering if GRT would consider building a box, similar to the GRT MAP sensor, that would receive AOA pressure and transmit a signal to the AHRS via analog or RS232. The AHRS could process this signal in similar fashion as the Adaptive AHRS. Would GRT consider offering such an option?

Thanks,

Normand RV8 Final Assembly