% HP and fuel pres

APACHE 56

% HP and fuel pres

Post by APACHE 56 »

I recently replaced my two HX systems with a HXr and mini AP. Loaded the data on my engine into the system and was surprised to note that I am producing 999% HP on 10.5 gph. Note bad for a IO-390. But seriously I've verified that the data is in the system. I have a GRT EIS which did not change and I assumed we'd simply connect it to the HXr.

I am also getting ~3.5 psi fuel pressure which is off by about a factor of 10.

Any help?

Thanks,
Don
jclark

Re: % HP and fuel pres

Post by jclark »

APACHE 56 wrote:I recently replaced my two HX systems with a HXr and mini AP. Loaded the data on my engine into the system and was surprised to note that I am producing 999% HP on 10.5 gph. Note bad for a IO-390. But seriously I've verified that the data is in the system. I have a GRT EIS which did not change and I assumed we'd simply connect it to the HXr.

I am also getting ~3.5 psi fuel pressure which is off by about a factor of 10.

Any help?

Thanks,
Don
No offense in my question but did you SAVE all settings from the HX and RESTORE them to the HXr?

James
APACHE 56

Post by APACHE 56 »

[/quote]

No offense in my question but did you SAVE all settings from the HX and RESTORE them to the HXr?

James[/quote]

Hi James,
I had an avionics shop install the HXr. BTW with the help of the GRT techs we got the fuel pres figured out. It was a matter of changing the EIS setting from decimal to interger and also on the HXr. I have to find the same %HP setting on the EIS/HXr; didn't have time to mess with it today.
Don
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The % HP would be the same Integer/Decimal issue on the HXr, but for Manifold Pressure (MAP). In SET MENU, Graphical Engine Display, in the Aux settings, change the MAP Integer/Decimal setting to Decimal. This setting is used to scale manifold pressure for the power calculation, bar graphs, and data boxes other than the dials. The dials have their own scale settings.