Strange Audio Alert

DHull

Strange Audio Alert

Post by DHull »

While sitting on the ground I hear every couple of minutes an alert that sounds like a single note followed by a computer generated voice "rocket". I have turned off all the com and nave audio sources, the only things powered up are the HXr and the safeFly/uAvionics ADS-B. Any ideas?
GRT_Jeff

Re: Strange Audio Alert

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Could be "traffic" if your ADS-B is picking up traffic near you. That would play the single frequency warning tone followed by saying "Traffic" if a target suddenly appears within 2 nmi. Our system doesn't currently ignore them just because you're sitting on the ground.
DHull

Post by DHull »

That makes sense, but the audio message is not playing “traffic”. I can’t find instructions for loading the zip file, so I can’t reload it. I put Alerts.zip on the usb stick and playing the traffic.wav file on my pc I hear “traffic”. I reloaded the efis software from the stick thinking the reload might pick up the zip contents, but that didn’t change the result.
DHull

Post by DHull »

After I removed the usb stick and rebooted a second time, the alert is now heard correctly. Not sure, but the software reload with Alerts.zip present did the trick.