Horizon EFIS set up

New in 2019 this product is called the "10.1" after its screen size and is available in Horizon and Sport feature sets. This is not to be confused with an HXr although it shares similar features and graphics.
minnimo65757

Horizon EFIS set up

Post by minnimo65757 »

I have my Garmin 175 set up like the notes that are in the GRT forum and it was ok until I updated my 10.1 display now I have a conflict between Port 5 input which is where my Garmin sends to the EFIS and Port 6 Output that goes to my ARINC they are both set as GPS 1 Aviation/MAPCom. I looked through all the other options and the only one that does not conflict with something else is "Display Unit Link". Also it changed my Port 6 to AMPT 6 which is a passthrough port, that's not the way it was before I updated the display. What do I need to do to make it accept my inputs.
I am trying to set up my fuel tank sending units and the GRT EIS install supplement says that I can do it through the EFIS by setting up each tank but all I can get to come up on the setup menu is "Fuel Combined" I can't get to where I can setup each tank individually. Also it says to Set Dial End to "Fuel Flow Max Fuel" I can't find that anywhere.
Anyone else had this issue and if so what was the solution.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Horizon EFIS set up

Post by GRT_Jeff »

When you connect the ARINC module to a port, the "expander" serial pins 8 and 9 on the power/serial connector of the ARINC module become a pass-thru port. In the older display software versions, these pins replaced the original port (6 in your case) but it was still called the same port (Port 6). In the newer versions we renamed the port to "AMPT" for ARINC Module Pass Thru to make this clearer. If you have nothing connected to these pins, then your "AMPT" port input/output settings should be Off.

If your fuel probes are connected to the EIS, first you need to tell the EFIS where your fuel inputs are connected on the EIS. This is done with the Aux settings in SET MENU, Graphical Engine Display, starting with Aux1 Function. If you have a Remote EIS Model R66 you will program the scale factor and offset in these Aux settings in the EFIS. If you have an EIS with its own LCD and buttons you have to program the scale factor and offset into the EIS. You can start with a scale factor of 100 and offset 0. If you are going to use the fuel calibration tables in the EFIS instead of the full/empty calculation and you need more range to work with you can use scale factor 250.

If your fuel inputs were wire to Analog Inputs on the EFIS then you would need to configure the Analog Inputs settings.

Fuel Flow MAX FUEL is a setting in SET MENU, Graphical Engine Display. This is set to your total tank capacity for the fuel flow function. If you were configuring a Fuel Flow Fuel Remaining dial then you would set the end to the same value.
minnimo65757

Re: Horizon EFIS set up

Post by minnimo65757 »

I have nothing connected to pins 8 & 9 of the female d-sub and have serial in and out going to pins 3 &n 4 of the female d-sub from the EFIS formated as GPS 1 Aviation/MapCom from the EFIS port 6. But I have input from the 175 Garmin coming in on port 5 "serial in" pin 22 of connector A of the EFIS, it is formatted as GPS 1 Aviation/MapCom. That is where my EFIS is showing the conflict with the formated inputs on port 5 and 6. I did not have this conflict untill I updated the display in the EFIS. Pins 1 & 2 of the male ARINC connector goes to the Garmin 175 pins 5 & 6 and pins 5 & 9 of the male ARINC connector goes to pins 27 & 28 of the Garmin 175. Based on the pinout charts that I had when I wired this all up that was the way it was supposed to be wired.