Seattle Avionics Chart Download on Mac M2

walkman

Seattle Avionics Chart Download on Mac M2

Post by walkman »

Anyone have any ideas about downloading updated chart information from Seattle Avionics on a Mac M2?

Their shortsighted and lousy non-support for Mac, which previously was "use a PC" or running windows under parallels/bootcamp/virtualbox doesn't help when on Apple silicon.

I've nmap'd ftp.seattleavionics.com and didn't find anything other than 80 and 443 tcp open. Haven't run any of my more intrusive tools against them yet, in the hopes I won't have to.

I know I'm not the first to encounter this issue.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Seattle Avionics Chart Download on Mac M2

Post by GRT_Jeff »

They used to have a manual download option for Mac and Linux on the web site after you logged in through the GRT ChartData page (click on the GRT logo on their home page), then looking for a Download Current Data section there, but I haven't had a test account in years. It would give you a password and a bunch of file links, and there was a document on how to extract the files to the right locations. If that's not there anymore then I haven't heard of anything else.
walkman

Post by walkman »

I could have sworn there was an FTP site, but maybe I'm confusing it with government charts or approach plates.
walkman

Post by walkman »

Instructions are still there, have to log in via the GRT logo link, not directly.

It's ugly but I'll make something work. :evil:
walkman

Post by walkman »

Instructions are terrible and don't match up to the structure that's actually on my USB. Surprise, surprise lol