Video input

RV-HXr

Video input

Post by RV-HXr »

I got the Hauppauge 610 USB Live-2 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036VO2BI) to play with the video input on my HXr with firmware v8.01. When I select "Video" on the inset, the inset is blank with a "No video source" message. In the Set Menu under General Setting->Video, I tried both inputs 0 and 1 (I had read that 0 is composite input and 1 is s-video), but no change.

I have a camera connected to the yellow video input cable. The Hauppauge adapter shows the blue LED on power up and shortly thereafter shows the green LED, which then stays on.

There is no indication on the initial power-up screen that the Hauppauge device is detected (perhaps there won't be one) and I don't see any other settings in the Set Menu associated with it.

Is there something else for me to try?

Thanks!
GRT_Jeff

Re: Video input

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Are you sure it's plugged into the EFIS? Normally the inputs will actually say "Composite" or "S-Video" in parentheses next to the number, like "0 (Composite1)", and the video inset should show a blue screen when it's working but there's no video signal. The old adapter I have doesn't light up the LEDs at all so not sure if that's something newer ones do or not. I haven't heard of one not working or any changes made to newer ones. Does yours look exactly like the one in the photo? What is the 6 digit number on the back that starts with 122? I just checked the Hauppauge web site and one of their downloads suggests there may have been a slight change in the hardware for 122020.
RV-HXr

Re: Video input

Post by RV-HXr »

Hi Jeff.

Definitely plugged in to EFIS. Also tried it on my right side HXr with same results.

The model on the back is "122020 LF Rev E1 17424", so you're probably right that the hardware change and different driver set make it incompatible with the HXr's drivers. It does function on a PC with their newer drivers. It does not function on a PC with Hauppauge's older drivers.

I'll try to source the older version and report back.