Charts on HX

lwocker

Charts on HX

Post by lwocker »

I have seen the charts displayed on the HXr but not on the HX. Could you put the HX charts on the web site to view.
Thanks.
Larry Ocker
revenson

Re: Charts on HX

Post by revenson »

Installed the Seattle Avionics sectionals and airport diagrams (vfr subscription) the other day. Initially, the airport diagrams would not download to my usb drive. On the positive side, Seattle Avionics tech support was very good. They found a missing file on their server which was quickly corrected. After that, all downloaded fine.

The situational awareness that geo-referenced charts provide is very nice. So if you have nothing else, these do provide that. However, as someone else posted, at zoom levels broader than 35 miles, the Seattle Avionics charts on the HX are unreadable. My initial 'hangar' impression is not that positive. However, my opinion is influenced by the excellent charts available on my iFly720. These GRT ones don't come close. I'll reserve judgment until after a cross country later this month, but for now, I wish I had not purchased.
330drvr

Post by 330drvr »

I agree that the sectionals and low altitude charts are of limited value because of readability issues. I find I still prefer to use the terrain or shade view on the map. The wonderful value is for the geo referenced approach charts and taxi diagrams. They work very well and I am very pleased with them.
RV-7A
Dual HX, Mini X, dual adaptive AHRS, GRT EIS
revenson

Post by revenson »

Think I found a bug:

Tried out the VFR sectionals from Seattle Avionics yesterday on the HX. On the 'north up' screen, which is the one I want to use to be able to read the sectionals, the airspeed and altitude tapes did not appear. On all other map displays, the airspeed and altitude show up fine along with the sectionals.

Am I somehow configured wrong, or have I found a programming bug?
Roger E.
revenson

Post by revenson »

I don't get it. Why have altitude and airspeed show up on most map views, EXCEPT the one view most likely to be used with a sectional background....that is, NORTH UP? After all, that is the view where the sectional is most readable!!

I hope this gets fixed before my subscription runs out, otherwise, I won't be recommending GRT any longer (Since GRT can't seem to support all the ADS-B weather transmissions, I've already stopped recommending them as an ADS-B display.)

Sorry, Ben, guess I just vented!
MrPilot

Post by MrPilot »

I had the Approach plate on the screen and wanted to split the screen, but could not find a way to do this? :?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The HX does not have a split screen for the plate viewer. It doesn't have enough screen resolution to display it smaller.