Cost of upgrading panel.

gmohr

Cost of upgrading panel.

Post by gmohr »

I have been thinking of upgrading my Sport SX to a newer larger panel in my
EA-B Lightning. What kind of cost am I looking at to do so?
Gene Mohr
SFC(R) US Army
S17 Twin Lakes Airport
katieb

Re: Cost of upgrading panel.

Post by katieb »

Hi Gene,

Upgrading your 6.5" Sport SX to an 8.4" screen is easy and fairly cheap-- $800 per screen. It would require you to send us your unit and we'll just replace the bezel and screen. Your display unit box and all wiring will stay the same.

Upgrading it to a 10.4" screen (HXr) would be a much bigger project and much more expensive. It will involve more wiring and an external AHRS and GPS. However, we did figure out that a 10.4" HXr will fit in a Lightning panel if you're ambitious... :o I believe the next builder-assist Lightning coming out of Shelbyville will have one. If this is what you want, give us a call and we'll figure out what it would cost. (It's not on our Upgrades price list, found here: http://grtavionics.com/Upgrades%20Fixed.pdf)
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
gmohr

Re: Cost of upgrading panel.

Post by gmohr »

Katie,

Thanks for the reply and the link. Even just upgrading the Sport to 8.4 with Synthetic Vision would be good. I am
a day VFR Light Sport Pilot and I have several upgrades I would like to make to include the above and auto pilot.
I know..all it takes is time and money... I have time and a "little" money! :lol:

Oh, this plane was built at Greg Hobbs facility in Marana, AZ by Bill Fisher. Serial number is 44. I purchased the plane
last June after it had been sitting in a hangar for 4 years. Flys like a dream and perfect for my mission.

Thanks again!
Gene Mohr
SFC(R) US Army
S17 Twin Lakes Airport