Flight Planning On PFD

Capflyer

Flight Planning On PFD

Post by Capflyer »

So, this will make the third year in a row I have been begging GRT to add to the software for guys like me with only a single screen Sport. Have a pop-up, inset, split screen, or use the engine info space at the bottom to have a flight plan screen. Currently in order to put in a direct to or a flight plan it requires multiple button pushes taking you away from all the PFD info. I've even asked as an easy temporary fix to have the simplistic somewhat unusable attitude info that can be turned on in the flight plan screen to stay on when selected. Currently that needs to be turned on every time you go to that screen. To me this is a safety of flight issue and I hope this gets some attention soon. I can't believe it is all that difficult to program and competing EFIS's have it.
katieb

Re: Flight Planning On PFD

Post by katieb »

With a push of the right knob, one click left, and another push, you can turn on the rudimentary PFD attitude line, airspeed and altitude on the Flight Plan page. I'll see what it will take to make that "always ON" or have a split PFD/Flight Plan page on the Sport.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
Capflyer

Post by Capflyer »

katieb wrote:With a push of the right knob, one click left, and another push, you can turn on the rudimentary PFD attitude line, airspeed and altitude on the Flight Plan page. I'll see what it will take to make that "always ON" or have a split PFD/Flight Plan page on the Sport.
Well, it has been another year and so far no-joy on this. I have been aware of this PFD function in the FP screen for many years including on my previous GRT WS EFIS. It should be a simple programming change to keep this always on once it is selected to be on but so far nothing has been done to fix this. Can you please push this as a fix for a software update? In IMC or under the hood it is very disconcerting to turn to the FP page and spend the first few moments there with no PFD while turning this on. It is not unusual to get an ammended clearance or two and a lot of re-routes while IFR in the Mid-Atl and NE.
jclark

Post by jclark »

I think that this is a GREAT idea!!

Even though I have **multiple** SX screens, I have thought about this.

I suspect that the real issue is one of just how would you lay something out in the same space say as the engine strip at the bottom. Something that was intuitive to use. The time when you need it is when you are probably under the most pressure/duress. So it needs to be very simple and logical.

I would guess that if you did such you would want to have RPM and MP showing somewhere to that on the approach you can set power as needed without having to toggle back to the engine strip.

James