Navworx ads600-exp

kwiatkma

Navworx ads600-exp

Post by kwiatkma »

I have the sky radar. So I have ADSB in. But no out. I have a garmin GTX-330 mode C. Should I do a trig 22(but still have to worry about gps) OR navworxs just released an all-in-one in/out ADSB solution WITH gps that satisfies the 2020 rule....they are having supply problems at the moment but what are the futures with HXr/GRT and the new navworxs 600exp?

I guess if I go navworxs all in one I can get rid of the skyradarD2....I was all ready to do trig until I saw the navworxs and then saw GRT had support for them albeit not that model.....and I guess I'd keep my GTX330 as the navworxs is an add on which I don't fully understand....isn't this supposed to be easy?
Bobturner

Re: Navworx ads600-exp

Post by Bobturner »

You're right, it's complicated.
1. The Navworx box is, to my knowledge, the first box that claims to meet all 2020 ADSB-out requirements but does NOT carry an FAA TSO. Personally I am keeping my money until I see a definitive statement from a reliable source that this is true. There do seem to be some growing pains. This box is a UAT, good only in the US and only below 18,000', you must keep and maintain a mode C or S transponder as well.
2. You could upgrade your 330 to a 330-ES, or buy a Trig 22 or -31 and sell the 330. In either case you need an approved gps, and the transponder must be able to communicate with it. eG., if you have a Garmin 430W with the latest software, it puts out "ADSB+" format over RS232. This has all the needed info. Both the 330-ES and the Trig -31 can read that format; last time I looked the -22 could not (Trig said "soon" last spring). Trig and Garmin also sell other gps boxes (but not approved for ifr navigation, just ADSB) that can be read by their transponders and are approved (TSO'd).

Edit Added: I take it back. The Trig web site says as of Aug 21 the TT 22 is now approved in combination with the Garmin 430W series. You need the latest software in both boxes.
deej

Post by deej »

Bobturner wrote: it puts out "ADSB+" format over RS232. This has all the needed info. Both the 330-ES and the Trig -31 can read that format; last time I looked the -22 could not (Trig said "soon" last spring).
Trig just released a software update a few weeks ago for the TT22 that supports the ADS-B+ protocol.

fyi

-Dj
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

To answer your first question, the ADS600-EXP works with all of our displays. It uses the same standard ADS-B output and altitude encoder inputs as the ADS600-B.
kwiatkma

Post by kwiatkma »

Thanks for all the replies/info. I guess I have 4 more years to figure this out! I think my best path forward is to remove my end of life GNS250 and mode c gtx330 for a 430W and trig 22, keeping my skyradar for ADSB in...hopefully demand/prices for 430W's go down!
rv9av8tr

Post by rv9av8tr »

I'm in the process of wiring my -EXP to GTX-327 & SSX displays.
The pre-wired harness from Navworx comes with 3 shielded pair wire bundles. In each bundle there is a solid white wire & white-blue striped wire. Wiring instructions are not specific to these wires.
Is the white-blue wire the signal wire and solid white wire the serial ground?
Can this "serial ground" be connected to the shield and all grounded together?
I'm stuck and confused.....