Missed approach when using SAP?

Keith

Missed approach when using SAP?

Post by Keith »

I have added the vertical autopilot command option and have been learning how to use it for SAP. My question is since i do not have an external IFR navigator connected what happens when I hit the "missed approach" soft key? Does it attempt to climb to the altitude set for the auto pilot? What heading does it take or will it fly to a hold point that I could load in (after capture).
Keith
Keith

Re: Missed approach when using SAP?

Post by Keith »

Update: I was working thru the menus while on the ground and did find an actual setting for missed approach altitude but was never able to find it again after playing with things for awhile. Seems like the first time I saw it, I was just going thru the different AP menus while on the PFD page. How do I access the setting for "missed approach altitude". I was not flying when I saw it the first time so am guessing I don't need to actually be "captured on the approach" before I can set that.

Keith
GRT_Jeff

Re: Missed approach when using SAP?

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The MISSED button always commands a 500 fpm climb. By default there is no target altitude for the missed approach mode so it will climb until a new altitude and rate are set with the regular altitude select function. You can set a missed approach altitude at any time. From the PFD page, push the Next button several times until you find the SET MISSED ALT button, then push that button. Dial in the altitude and then push the knob to set it. You can also clear it there with the CLEAR button if you need to.

For SAP mode, the MISSED button switches to heading mode and sets the heading to the SAP course.