Time frame and features of the next HX release?

Bavafa

Re: Time frame and features of the next HX release?

Post by Bavafa »

Hi Bob,
That is correct, my “own ship” was suppressed prior to the upgrade and I had been flying that way with the 330-ES since January never see my own ship on GRT since I added the flight ID into GRT. The interesting part is that it does not display my N# but it is certainly my own ship. At first I freaked out as I was seen a traffic right next to me with 00 altitude difference and no matter which direction I turned, the traffic was following me. As I started climbing, I saw that traffic to climb and I changed direction and descended, it was descending right with me 

Anyway, as for my setup goes, nothing has changed in my setup since the upgrade, only changed default screen page as what screen to start after reboot which will not have any effect on this. I did not check the 330 setup but have no reason to think anything would have changed as a result of this upgrade.

I am surprised no one else is reporting this.
n468ac

Post by n468ac »

I have had this ghosting since the first release of the interface with SkyRadar. I too have my N number and hex code in the GRT. My guess is that since traffic control doesn't have my N number (flight following) and I don't have ADS-B out ... they are not transmitting the data back to GRT so they can filter it out. I don't see my self until I pass a big jet with ADS-B out and I'm not on a flight plan.
Bavafa

Post by Bavafa »

While I did not fly long in the situation as you, I believe my ghosting situation went away as soon as I put the flight ID in GRT. But shortly after that, I had installed ADS-B out and never saw my own shadow which is since January. It will be interesting to see if any one else is seeing this with the new 6C version since I have not heard any others reporting this.
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

468ac, you have correctly discribed your situation. Without ADSB-out, your N number is not attached to the uplinked data, which you see when a nearby ADSB-out aircraft triggers the uplink broadcast.
Bavafa otoh has ADSB-out, and with verion 6 his ghost was suppressed. I guess I would look at the 330's setup, just in case something somehow changed. You didn't say the GPS source, but you might check its set up too. Is there any way the HX can set or change settings in the 330? I suppose you could re-install 6.0 just to confirm that that still works. If it's a bug in 6c, looks like the software recognizes your N number, but then suppresses the N number display instead of suppressing the target entirely!
Bavafa

Post by Bavafa »

Going back to the previous version (6a) is certainly an option, at least for testing but I have a call to GRT to see if they have any info or have heard others reporting the same issue. I would be very surprised if the upgrade on HX has caused any setting changes on the 330. I will try to make another flight tonight to gather more info.
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

Do you have a serial-in port on the HX connected to the 330 (set to "GTX-330")?
I'd try turning that port temporarily off, see if that makes a difference.
Bavafa

Post by Bavafa »

I did but disconnected it after getting my traffic from other source so, currently it is not configured. For an update, I went for another flight a couple of days ago and could not replicate the issue, I saw a number of other traffic but never my own shadow. I have also got confirmation that my ADSB-out is functioning correct. I will be making more flight and will report if I encounter this situation again.