EIS 4000 difficulty of use

yatesg

EIS 4000 difficulty of use

Post by yatesg »

Have recently purchased a nice RV7 with subject model EIS installed & often get lost scrolling to update fuel qty, change QNH & finally returning to favourites page. Additionally I've notice prior to eng start have already got oil press...this being a concern for obvious reasons! Ive thumbed through a box of assoc p/work, booklets & shts with hand written notes akin to being on a treasure hunt. I've found the OEM manuals that are possibly 8 yrs old now quite confusing & disjoint with sentences stopping midway. Is there a later version perhaps that's less complex &/or confusing that can be digested by some one other than a retiree with untold spare time? Have wondered if this specific unit has a fault? Apologies up front for my negativity but this unit makes me wish for a simpler Cub style panel.
To whom takes their time to respond I thank you upfront!
Rgds
Gavin
Bobturner

Re: EIS 4000 difficulty of use

Post by Bobturner »

Look thru the GRT web site to find the latest manual.
IMHO the majority of (oil pressure, oil temp, EGT temp, ...) failures are sensor failures, not the box. That being said, look thru the manual and try re-programing the oil pressure. The EIS is okay for a low-budget panel, but it really is orders of magnitude better when it's used to feed the data into an HX display. Then it appears as dials or bar graphs or etc... in a much more readable format. (You might be able to find a real deal on a used HS display).
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The QNH and Fuel Quantity are always the 3rd and 4th page in the Set Limits function. Once those are set, just hold down the right button until you get to a normal page. From a normal page, you can also press the left and right buttons together as a shortcut to Fuel Quantity.

Greg created a Troubleshooting Guide for the EIS this year. It is available on our web site here:
http://grtavionics.com/page112.html

The main EIS manual is available here. It is updated but mostly the same.
http://grtavionics.com/manualseis.html

If the manual and troubleshooting guide can't answer your questions you can try asking other customers here or contact support@grtavionics.com .
yatesg

Post by yatesg »

Thank you both for your responses!