Android App with the Horizon 10.1

New in 2019 this product is called the "10.1" after its screen size and is available in Horizon and Sport feature sets. This is not to be confused with an HXr although it shares similar features and graphics.
webutler

Android App with the Horizon 10.1

Post by webutler »

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't seem to figure out how to connect my tablet running the GRT app to the EFIS. I found a "wireless" setting in General Setup which indicates an option to enable Bluetooth, but it doesn't appear to work. Is there a different way to connect the app on a tablet/phone to the EFIS?
tommylewis

Re: Android App with the Horizon 10.1

Post by tommylewis »

On the HX, I plugged a bluetooth USB receiver into the HX and then paired that to my android tablet and then the app works.
jnewsum1

Post by jnewsum1 »

Are you following the steps in Section 2.2 of the User Guide to pair the Bluetooth device?

https://grtavionics.com/media/GRT-Remot ... ev-B-1.pdf
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The displays don't have their own Bluetooth hardware. They require a USB adapter. The most known widely available and always compatible Bluetooth adapter is the IOGear GBU521. If you plug it in and then boot the EFIS, then the EFIS will detect it and report enabled in the Bluetooth menu. Some other adapters may work but most don't because the drivers in the EFIS don't recognize them.