How do I know if an EIS unit have fuel flow option?

mina77lim

How do I know if an EIS unit have fuel flow option?

Post by mina77lim »

The new to me plane has an EIS 4000 that always reads 0 fuel flow, when I bought the plane both the seller and I just assumed there is no sensor installed. Then I talked to the owene before this seller and he swore there is a red tube installed, which I probably didn't even look for.

So now I am trying to figure out if the 0 reading is because of fuel flow option is disable before I take the cowling off to troubleshoot, per the manual I did first step change FloScan to 83, didn't make any difference. I do see some random numbers in the FC1 and FC2 field, not sure who entered them.
GRT_Jeff

Re: How do I know if an EIS unit have fuel flow option?

Post by GRT_Jeff »

A "Red Cube" is a common fuel flow sensor used with the EIS. If the EIS was ordered with the fuel flow option preinstalled then it will have an "F" at the end of the "SW Ver" on the sticker on the bottom of the unit and that F would mean fuel flow is always enabled. If it doesn't have an F, then the FC1 and FC2 numbers may indicate the option was added later. You can e-mail support@grtavionics.com with the model and serial number (SN on the sticker) to see if it is on record and what the correct FC1/FC2 numbers should be.
mina77lim

Post by mina77lim »

I am pretty sure the red tube and the EIS were installed at different time, I'll go check the sticker for its version.

Thanks!
mina77lim

Post by mina77lim »

Looks like my unit does have fuel flow enabled, SW is 44V91F, SN is 23198. I guess the next step is to take the cowl off and follow trouble shoot guide?
Attachments
501652943773_.pic.jpg
501652943773_.pic.jpg (150 KiB) Viewed 8034 times