heading and distance for waypoint.

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
bobnoffs

heading and distance for waypoint.

Post by bobnoffs »

i have been thru the manual several times and i can't figure out where the heading and distance are displayed to a destination. i have been playing with the unit on the ground and i would think this info should be displayed on the ground.
bob noffs
GRT_Jeff

Re: heading and distance for waypoint.

Post by GRT_Jeff »

With the moving map option the waypoint identifier, estimated time enroute, distance, and bearing are displayed in the upper left corner of the moving map.

Without the moving map option, the double-triangle course indicator is part of the heading tape, but the numeric course and distance are only available on the flight plan page.
bobnoffs

Post by bobnoffs »

oh. really sorry to hear that. back in the day a dme was usually more valuable than a second vor. that is a big deal. i had no idea when i opted out of the moving map. i would have gotten the moving map for that alone if i had known.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We've looked at possibly adding a couple data boxes to the lower left corner but that area is used by a few things and the Mini doesn't give us a lot of room to work with. You can buy the moving map option as a software update code for the Mini-X if you want to add it. You don't have to send the unit in.