Configuration Of Audio Alerts

maniago

Re: Configuration Of Audio Alerts

Post by maniago »

Not trying to be a dick, but usually female voices are better for alerts, as in screaming is a high tone; low tones are associated with calmness. Theres a reason they call her "Bitchin Betty", and her friend the autopilot "George"......
RV-HXr

Post by RV-HXr »

There are a lot more alerts available than documented. I was able to determine about 60 of them. In the blog post link below you will find:
  • More info on how to expand your available audio alerts.
  • Additional important factors to consider.
  • Wav files you could use.
  • The process I used to compile the list below.
  • Suggestion on how to help identify more alarms.
http://rv-14a.blogspot.com/2018/09/avio ... lerts.html

Here is the list of alarms I've compiled. Remember to use four digits in the number for the file with format alarm####.wav.

Columns:
  • Alarm: Alarm number (remember, the alarm####.wav filenames need to be four digits).
  • Message: My suggested voice message for the alarm. You can use something different if you prefer. Note: Your AUX inputs are probably different than mine so you will need to change the associated messages to match your configuration.
  • Description: What the alarm represents.
  • Predefined: If it is also a predefined alarm, the associated special filename.
Keep in mind: I make mistakes.

Probably 287 or 289 is "Pitch trim required". It's trivial to determine that by artificially causing that alert.
maniago

Post by maniago »

Did anyone figure out how to turn off the "Traffic" audio alert? I see that it has no XXXX number associated with it so we cant overwrite it. Its obnoxious!!!

I've scoured the books (and the threads here) too with no luck. My books might be old versions, of that I'm not super sure....

Anyone got a solution?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

maniago wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:15 pm Did anyone figure out how to turn off the "Traffic" audio alert? I see that it has no XXXX number associated with it so we cant overwrite it. Its obnoxious!!!
To turn it off, go to SET MENU, General Setup, Audio and turn off "Traffic Alerts". We have plans to make the traffic alerts smarter but nothing available yet.

The main alerts have names and are included in our Alerts.zip file. To replace the traffic alert with your own, replace the "traffic.wav" file.
maniago

Post by maniago »

Thanks Jeff! Appreciate you working late and bothering with this one. You do good work mate! Cheers!