Software update GRT HX EFIS

Gary2418

Software update GRT HX EFIS

Post by Gary2418 »

I just recently update my GRT HX EFIS albeit a little late to version 12.01 the newest I could locate? It appears to have taken correctly but I am now getting a message AHRS software version 43 [UPDATE RECOMMENDED] but when I try to apdate my AHRS software I get a message about it not booting?

Can anyone shead some light on this for me?
GRT_Jeff

Re: Software update GRT HX EFIS

Post by GRT_Jeff »

If your AHRS is connected to more than one EFIS screen, try it on the other screen. An AHRS can only be controlled/updated by one screen, the one with the EFIS Serial Output that connects to the AHRS Serial In. This is the same screen you would use for altimeter calibration and magnetometer calibration. Look to see if the "X Accelerometer" and "Y Accelerometer" data shows up in SET MENU, AHRS Maintenance. If those lines don't show any numbers, then there's a problem with the AHRS getting commands from the EFIS that could be a setting or wiring issue.
Gary2418

Post by Gary2418 »

Thank you Jeff,

I have a single HX System but will look at the other parameters you mentioned.
Gary2418

Post by Gary2418 »

Jeff are these the values of which you speak?
Attachments
IMG_6865.jpeg
IMG_6865.jpeg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 69324 times
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Yes, all of your Magnetometer Raw/Bias Data and X/Y Accelerometer lines are blank. That means the AHRS isn't getting the commands from the EFIS to turn them on. That could mean the serial output isn't configured on the correct display or port or there's a problem with the wire. One screen should have a wire from a serial output (the same port number as the input) going to the serial in on the AHRS (AHRS pin 5). This output would be configured the same as the input (AHRS-1/Air Data Computer #1).

In a typical HX installation, Serial Port 2 would look like this:
Serial Port 2 Rate: 19200
Serial Port 2 Input: AHRS-1/Air Data Computer #1
Serial Port 2 Output: AHRS-1/Air Data Computer #1

The AHRS could be wired to another port though, especially if this was an upgrade from an older system. If the AHRS is wired to port 2, then that would mean the output is HX pin A4 and that would go to the AHRS pin 5.
Gary2418

Post by Gary2418 »

Thank you Jeff,

This issue is a result of a recent attempt by me to update my AHRS software to an operating single HX system. I will re-examine my configuration with your instructions/information in mind. Thank you for your quick response once again.

Gary Abel
Gary2418

Post by Gary2418 »

Again thank you Jeff, I made the configuration changes you suggested and got my AHRS unit working correctly. Now I have another issue which may not be appropriate for this forum but you have by far been the most helpful in terms of sorting out my configuration issues. The problem I am having is with my legacy equipment. My Garmin GNS480 is not communicating with my Garmin GTX33ES transponder and I’m at a loss as to why. The configuration screens on my GNS480 which control my transponder in these photos will not allow me to make any changes.
Attachments
IMG_2250.jpeg
IMG_2250.jpeg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 69298 times
IMG_2251.jpeg
IMG_2251.jpeg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 69298 times
IMG_2252.jpeg
IMG_2252.jpeg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 69298 times
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The manual says you can't make any changes if they aren't communicating. That would involve the configuration on the 480 serial port 6 and the wiring from the 480 port 6 to the GTX33 port 1. We don't know any more than that.