Android App Beta 1e works

Kahuna

Android App Beta 1e works

Post by Kahuna »

Installed the app on a Nexus 7, Android 4.2.2, using a Rocketfish BT adapter RF-FLBTAD. Also installed on a Nexus 1 running Cyanogenmod 10.1.
Basic functionality confirmed.
Followed pairing instructions. Only glitch I had was I did not have the BT adapter in on power up per instructions. Looks like we can not stick the adapter in on the fly like we do with other USB functionality.
Ill have a chance to play with it over the next few weeks and will report back.
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
eschlanser

Re: Android App Beta 1e works

Post by eschlanser »

Kahuna,

Ill have a chance to play with it over the next few weeks and will report back.[/quote]

Can you (or anyone else) give a 6 month report on the functionality of the android app?

I'd like to know if it would be suitable as a stand-by EFIS in the event of loss of my HXr.

Thanks,

Eric - Tailwind W-10 project, electrical and panel in progress
katieb

Post by katieb »

The app is not a good backup for a single EFIS system because it relies on the EFIS for flight data. So, if the EFIS dies, the app will not show anything except for flight planning using the Android's own GPS.
The GRT Mini EFIS is currently in the late stages of development. That will be a good, permanent backup option.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
eschlanser

Post by eschlanser »

I saw the prototype Mini-B EFIS side-by-side with several other stand-by EFIS's at Steinair's booth at Airventure. Including the Dynon D1. It looked like a clear winner with better screen IMHO and less depth. Hope it connects to the pitot/static system for actual airspeed not just GPS speed.

Eric