N687MS RV Super 8 Panel Team AeroDynamix

Kahuna

N687MS RV Super 8 Panel Team AeroDynamix

Post by Kahuna »

Man do I love my GRT screens. I have been using GRT EFIS and products since 2005. Thats a pretty long relationship. Recently I removed my AFS 2500 engine monitor and installed the GRT EIS. This freed up panel space big time. Also I installed servos for pitch and roll and removed my Trio Avionics autopilot in favor for and integrated GRT system. Also freedup more panel space.
In the panel are 2 GRT HX screens center
BMA G3lite upper right
Garmin 796 lower right
Garmin stack on the left side.

The EIS integration allowed me to remove the AFS screen and put the 796 in its place. A major feature update. The upper left covered hole is where the Trio AP head used to be. Any ideas on what I could put there?
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
GRTBen

Re: N687MS RV Super 8 Panel Team AeroDynamix

Post by GRTBen »

That is the old one. Whats the new one look like?
GRTBen
Tech Support
GRT Avionics
Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

The New and Improved HXr in the panel now. You cant notice but I put some tilt in for better viewing. The bottom of the HXr is sitting 1.25" off the panel. Had to move the radio stack a bit left. New lights on the top that are KEY to my survival 'in the box' with http://www.teamaerodynamix.com/ and air boss. Top right is a BMA G3 lite flush mounted (my backup), still ticking thank goodness! and the portable is a Garmin 796 with GDL 39. Looking great!
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
Clam

Post by Clam »

Where did you mount the EIS display? Can you post details/photo of the HXr tilt bracket?
I am currently wiring up HXr & EiS in RV-8.
Jeff
RV-8 Memphis, TN (KFYE)
jb.flynavy@gmail.com
Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Great question. No Bracket.
Went to aviation departments at Lowes and got some aluminum rod. Cut pieces, drilled and tapped ends. Then filed one end to match angle. Screws hold standoff from the rear. Unit has screws into standoffs. That way I can just remove the EFIS screws and drop the unit in my hands and get into behind the panel. The EIS is mounted to the baggage floor, recessed, un-accessible other than lifting the baggage carpet and pushing buttons when needed.
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
Clam

Post by Clam »

Thanks for that information - very helpful. Do you, by chance, have a photo of your radio stack mount behind the panel that you'd be willing to post? I have a similar stack mounted right at the edge of the panel like yours, but it's complicated and not easily removable for maintenance.
Thanks again
Jeff
RV-8 Memphis, TN (KFYE)
jb.flynavy@gmail.com
scooter

Post by scooter »

I have big panel envy.....
Scott E
RV-8
Minneapolis, MN