Dual AHRS's

Bayou Bert

Dual AHRS's

Post by Bayou Bert »

I have the HXr and the HX with the two, single module, AHARs.
I was told, by someone at GRT don't remember who, to always use the dual AHRSs setting
for each screen. We were in a hurry and I didn't get a reason.
Can someone explain, sure would appreciate learning a little more.

Thanks
Bert
GRT_Jeff

Re: Dual AHRS's

Post by GRT_Jeff »

If you have both AHRS wired to each screen, then the Dual AHRS mode will compare the data. If it matches, any small differences in attitude and heading will be averaged together. If they don't match, the screens will indicate a disagreement, with one screen showing AHRS1 and the other screen showing AHRS2. In the future there will be additional checks and cross-checks. If you set a screen to show a specific AHRS then it always shows that input and there are no automatic cross-checks.
Ivan Kristensen

Re: Dual AHRS's

Post by Ivan Kristensen »

GRT_Jeff wrote:If you have both AHRS wired to each screen, then the Dual AHRS mode will compare the data. If it matches, any small differences in attitude and heading will be averaged together. If they don't match, the screens will indicate a disagreement, with one screen showing AHRS1 and the other screen showing AHRS2. In the future there will be additional checks and cross-checks. If you set a screen to show a specific AHRS then it always shows that input and there are no automatic cross-checks.
Jeff,
I have talked to Greg about this very issue a couple of times since I had one of my Dual AHRS's go bad. I have been looking for an update that would incorporate these additional checks and cross-checks you describe above. I hope you will address this issue with you next update as it has been a couple of years since I had the first problem with this.
Ivan Kristensen
RV-10 C-GMDV
Home base (CYKF) Waterloo Regional, Ontario Canada