Foreflight/Jeppesen data into sport

rv8ch

Foreflight/Jeppesen data into sport

Post by rv8ch »

Anyone know if I get a Jeppesen data subscription via Foreflight for EU data, can I somehow get this on my Sport EX?
Mickey Coggins
http://rv8.ch
"Hello, world!"
GRT_Jeff

Re: Foreflight/Jeppesen data into sport

Post by GRT_Jeff »

No. That kind of data doesn't transfer in any case and we currently don't have any way to interface with ForeFlight at all. The Sport EX can use Jeppesen NavData for airports, navaids, airspace boundaries, and obstacles, but you'd have to buy that separately and specifically for the Sport SX/Sport EX navigation data format.
rv8ch

Post by rv8ch »

GRT_Jeff wrote:No. That kind of data doesn't transfer in any case and we currently don't have any way to interface with ForeFlight at all. The Sport EX can use Jeppesen NavData for airports, navaids, airspace boundaries, and obstacles, but you'd have to buy that separately and specifically for the Sport SX/Sport EX navigation data format.
Thanks Jeff - I've been on the Jeppesen website, clicking every field I can find, creating an account, entering all the data that they have asked about me and my aircraft, my shoe size, and still can't seem to get to the point that I can buy the data. I called the 1-800 number on the page that is linked on your website for the data, and the guy there "Craig" had absolutely no idea what product I should buy that will work in the GRT Sport EX EFIS.

Can you please give me some hints? Thanks!
Mickey Coggins
http://rv8.ch
"Hello, world!"
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Their navigation database product is/was called NavData. In the past, the only GRT system labels they had in their order system were "Sport SX" and "Horizon HX", so sometimes you had to tell them you want NavData for a GRT Sport SX to start the order process. The SX and EX (and currently all of our systems) use the same file. Then you have options for coverage area, and you may have options for VFR/IFR (IFR mainly just adds named fixes and some data we don't use yet), and obstacles.