discontinue navigation

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
bobnoffs

discontinue navigation

Post by bobnoffs »

what is the proper key sequence to stop navigation ?
GRT_Jeff

Re: discontinue navigation

Post by GRT_Jeff »

I don't know what you mean. It isn't necessary to stop the regular flight plan mode if you don't want to use it. If you're following a course and want to go off course you could switch to heading or track (HDG or TRK) mode with the LAT A/P button. If you want to get rid of your flight plan indicators you can go to the flight plan, push the direct-to button to enter an identifier, CLEAR the identifier, and ENTER the blank identifier. The sequence plan mode has its own Clr FP function on the knob if you want to delete the entire plan. If you told the EFIS to capture an approach you have to turn off the approach with the same button you used to turn it on, or use the MISSED button if available. Whatever you do the EFIS will always have some pointer to the last course or heading you used. Those can't be turned off.
bobnoffs

Post by bobnoffs »

what i mean is i don't want a waypoint shown in the box in the top left corner of the pfd. i am having problems sorting out how the nav. works with the mini and i am trying to see it in all configurations.
if i am on my home ramp and set the flight plan with my airport as destination page 2 shows me to be .6 miles and a heading of51 degrees to destination. that makes sense. but if i fly 5 miles north of my airport the 2 triangles on the heading tape still show 51 degrees as the heading to my airport while page 2 shows the correct info of 180 degrees and 10 miles. what is the purpose of keeping the heading of my ramp to the gps coordinate on the tape? shouldn't the triangles move to 180 deg.?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

To remove the waypoint for direct-to mode you would go to the direct-to identifier entry page and use CLEAR there, then ENTER. If you were in multiple waypoints mode you would use the Clr FP function.

The triangles show your desired course, not heading (bearing). It works best when the CDI is enabled to show how far off course you are. When you set a direct-to the EFIS establishes the course from your current position to the waypoint. It assumes you don't want to deviate from that course since you may have set it for a reason like avoiding obstacles or terrain or controlled airspace. If you told your flight director or autopilot to follow the flight plan, the EFIS would intercept the original course. If you need to reset the course to a new starting point, you can go back to the direct-to entry page and just push ENTER. Another way this can be used is to fly a parallel course.
bobnoffs

Post by bobnoffs »

ok, more good things i never figured out on my own [just push enter]. and why it doesn't navigate to destination from other than planned course. would the moving map offer the alternative to constantly see heading and distance to destination?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The moving map has an active waypoint text box in the upper left corner showing the bearing (heading to waypoint), distance, and estimated time. It also has an HSI mode that shows the bearing as a big green arrow head in the compass tick marks. These can be seen in the Optional Moving MAp and HSI screenshots on our Mini-X product page.