Heading readout

Jkoonce128

Heading readout

Post by Jkoonce128 »

I just found this forum and hope to contribute in the future. For now I have a perplexing problem, and am looking for help. I have a dual AHRS system with dual HX displays. Just recently I started getting different readouts for the heading based on the screen. Both HX's do the same thing. Today for instance, I was heading about 205 degrees, which read normally from both HX's and was consistent with the magnetic compass (and where I knew I was going VFR). That is, the readout on the moving map screen was 205 degrees on both HX's. On both HX's on the artificial horizon screen the readout was about 235 to 245 degrees. On each individual HX screen I could switch from AI screen to moving map screen and get a markedly different heading number. It feeds a Trutrax autopilot and that follows just perfectly on the correct heading. I'm thinking I have an offset or something on the AI screens but have been thru the settings and can't find where. I have it set on dual AHRS and when in the settings view the outputs from both magnetometers agree.

Any ideas would sure be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

John Koonce
N78MU
RV 10
Bobturner

Re: Heading readout

Post by Bobturner »

Make sure in the set up that PFD up is set to course and not track.
Jkoonce128

Re: Heading readout

Post by Jkoonce128 »

Fixed it!! Thanks very much.

John Koonce