"VNAV" with GTN 6xx or 175/355????

jclark

"VNAV" with GTN 6xx or 175/355????

Post by jclark »

Help sought ...

I recently started getting back in shape regarding IFR flight, including a proficiency check (in an RV6), thus the basis for my questions.

I have installed several GRT systems but I have a couple of questions and seek help from Jeff (who I have probably bugged about this before) and anyone who has met with success.

1. Has any of you successfully used the "VNAV" function of the GTN 6xx series to provide vertical guidance either enroute or for an approach?
--- If so, please share your connections and settings. (Yes, I have read the instructions, but I have probably MISSED a lot somewhere.)
--- I may have it working on the RV8 (HXr+GTN650+TT31) but definitely NOT on the RV6 which I fly most of the time. (10.1 Sport+GTN625+TT22).

2. Has any of you successfully used any function of the Garmin 175/355 series to provide vertical guidance either enroute or for an approach?
--- I am finishing another RV with GRT + Garmin equipment (175/355) and want to fix any errors I may have made before.

If you think that you can help, please email me at jclarkmail (over at) gmail (the dot) com .

THANKS!
GRT_Jeff

Re: "VNAV" with GTN 6xx or 175/355????

Post by GRT_Jeff »

For the LPV and ILS final approach descent, we have supplements for the GTNs on our Miscellaneous Documentation page. They're similar to the 430Ws but they have renamed some settings.

We have many 175/355/375 installs working now. We don't have full supplement documents but we have text files with the wiring and setting notes. They're similar to a GPS-only GTN. The 175 and 355 don't have Fuel/Air Data inputs. They only get their air data from ARINC-429.
GPS175 wiring and settings.txt
GNC355 wiring and settings.txt
GNX375 wiring and settings.txt

For their "enhanced VNAV" capability that does planned descents to waypoints, I haven't seen the data for that and it would require special support on our end, if it even outputs the data to non-Garmins.